Traffic Tickets & Criminal Law
If you are stopped for a DUI, DWI or other traffic violation, remember the following suggestions:
- DO be polite and produce the requested documents.
- DO NOT say that it’s your fault, even if you think it is.
- DO NOT volunteer information. You are not required to answer ANY questions regardless of what the officer says.
- DO NOT lie to the officer. If you don’t want to answer a question, just don’t.
There’s a fifth step, too:
- Contact the Earnshaw & Cownie Law Firm PC or call (816) 246-4429
The above may look glib, but it is not. We are serious. Most people don’t realize the consequences traffic tickets can have. The sooner you contact a traffic attorney for your DUI or other related traffic issues, the better your chances in court.
If you are convicted of a traffic violation, you could face:
- Hefty fines
- Higher insurance rates
- Points on your record (which could affect your employment)
- A suspended license
- A revoked license
- Jail time
If you are facing charges of drunk driving or drunk driving, you need a DUI attorney who will protect your rights. At the Earnshaw & Cownie Law Firm P.C. , we’ve been defending people for 34 years. Our DUI attorney is familiar with the Missouri courts and know how to look out for your interests.Earnshaw & Cownie Law Firm has Handled Traffic Ticket Cases That Involved
- DUI or DWI (Driving While Intoxicated)
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Speeding tickets
- C & I driving (careless and imprudent)
- Munipal ordinance violations
- Accident tickets
- Suspended or revoked driver’s license
- Drug possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- And many others